Everyday we have unexpected events happen to us. We plan down to the slightest detail and BAM something comes along and throws a major wrench into the machine. But it is not what happens to you at times like this – it is how you react to what happens to you. In this article I want to share a few ways to keep you acting and thinking both creatively and positively. Thus keeping your attitude at its very best under all those circumstances that will be thrust upon you time and time again.
- Concentrate on the good
- If there was a belief store, where you could go and purchase a belief – then the belief that I would have everyone purchase is the success belief; the belief that everything that happens to you will bring you closer to your desired success or goal. This belief would enable you to search for and find the good in every situation. As hard as it may be at times – there is always a good to be had in every single situation that you live through. Whether it be a lesson learned – experience gained or new contact made – somewhere in there is a good to be had. Find it and your attitude will take a positive direction.
- Seek out the valuable lesson
- Much like concentrating on the good – if you seek out the valuable lesson then the situation, circumstance or pitfall takes a whole new meaning. You will begin to realize that whatever situation you are facing right now needed to be faced in order to learn the lesson. Now take that lesson and integrate it into your goals and plans for the future. Take that lesson learned and use it to TAKE ACTION towards your success!
- Concentrate on the solution
- Whenever a difficulty rears its ugly head, quickly concentrate on the solution rather than focusing on the problem. Spending your time rehashing, reliving and reflecting on the problem will quickly eat away at your positive attitude. Instead concentrate on the solution to the obstacle, task or setback that lies in front of you. Break it down into manageable steps, plan and solve for each of the steps – then TAKE ACTION. The moment you begin thinking and planning in terms of solutions you become more positive and more constructive.
- Concentrate on the future
- Whatever challenges stand before you, focus on the future rather than the past. You can not change the past so instead of worrying about whom did what to whom and why he is to blame, focus on where you desire to be and how you can get there from here. Concentrate on the vision of your future. How you want it to be, how you want it to look. Lay it all out then take action towards making your future become a reality today. Keep you mind focused on your future vision and you’ll take more positive actions today.
- Think like successful people think
- Successful people know that a positive mental attitude is an indispensable tool. You too can be as positive as you want to be if you will concentrate on the good, seek out the valuable lesson, focus on the solution and think about the future. If you think like successful people think, using your mind to exert mental control over the situation, you will be positive and in good spirits a majority of the time. And you will receive the rewards that come with such a positive mental attitude, as all success people have learned.
Time to Take Action!
- Concentrate on the good and seek the valuable lesson in every snag. Start a journal or make a list of every idea and insight you can gain from your setbacks and difficulties.
- Become solution-oriented with every difficulty you encounter. Make it a habit to look for the answers to your questions as well as the solutions to your problems. Seek out the assistance of a mentor or coach along your road to success.
- Think on paper. Take the time to write out every detail of the situation, and then brainstorm solutions. Plan out the most logical next steps then TAKE ACTION to get through the obstacle.
Think Successfully and Take Action!
One of Today’s TOP Motivated Coaches & Author of Success Atlas Programs