Goal Setting Worksheets – More Benefits of Putting Goals on PaperBy
Well a few days ago I shared with you my post on Goal Setting Worksheets –Benefits of Putting Goals on Paper where I told you that time and time again you have heard me talk about the importance of goals setting and of course in that article I stressed that fact again, plus one more, the benefits of putting goals on paper. I told you that you need a road map or as I call it a Success Atlas. Goals are milestones along your Success Atlas and the benefits of putting goals on paper will be a clearer view of your road map to reach them. Putting your goals on paper enables you to walk you through the necessary steps for success.
In Goal Setting Worksheets –Benefits of Putting Goals on Paper I shared three benefits of putting your goals on paper and they were:
- Goal Setting Worksheets can help you see your future vista – like an eagle flying high in the sky you can see of the peaks, valleys and crevices that make up the terrain around you. From you future vista you can clearly see your goal like an eagle can easily see that meal – you both will be able to swoop in and snatch up your goal.
- Goal Setting Worksheets can help you covert your vista into your why. Why does the eagle swoop in from on high to snatch up its prey? For survival of course, or perhaps to feed it’s family. Either way the eagle knows why it has to achieve its goal. Do you? Do you know the whys for your goal? Putting your goal on paper will help you convert your vista vision into motivating whys.
- Goal Setting Worksheets will enable you to take your future visa (long term goal) along with your whys and break that big picture down into medium goals. The eagle when building a nest does not grab all the stick and leaves at once. It breaks down the building process into sections – you have to remember an eagles nest starts at four feet wide and three feet deep – the record nest known was twelve feet wide and fifteen feet tall. Now that is a big goal. So too do you need to break down your goal into manageable sticks and steps. Putting your goals in writing will help you ‘see’ the steps as you pen the goal out.
Okay enough of the cliff notes from the previous article if you want you can go read it for yourself here – Goal Setting Worksheets –Benefits of Putting Goals on Paper. Today I want to give your four more benefits of putting your goals on paper or more specifically on your goal setting worksheets.
- Goal setting worksheets will help you build your success atlas. When you sit down and put your goals on paper, breaking them down into smaller and smaller goals then into tasks and steps, you will begin to identify some interesting facts about your goal, fact which will include but will not be limited to:
- What skills you need to build or find
- What information you will need to acquire
- What funding (if any) you will need
- What specialized training you will be to get or freshen up if you already have it.
- Obstacles you might encounter – and possible solutions to avoid it.
- Any other requirements you will need
- Goal setting worksheets will provide you with a way to track how well you are doing thus providing you with some accountability to yourself. As we all know no matter how well we plan out our life, it always seems to have a way of throwing an unexpected turn in the road to success. These turns can cause you to lose sight of what you truly desire. Putting your goals on paper will provide you a place to come back and check frequently to get you back on the road to success and refocus you on your goal. If you are using my goal setting worksheets, you will have a place to check off your achievements; you will even be giving a place to score your daily performance – for you need recognize your accomplishments so the next time you are feeling like you are not making any head way you can come back to your sheets and see all the ground you have truly covered as witnessed by the person most interested in your goal… YOU! Oh, and if you are not getting the results you planned, then your sheets will give you quick notification of that and you can easily adjust your plans more forward.
- Goal setting worksheets and the success atlas they will provide will give you the clarity you need to keep moving forward. Time and time again I have seen the most positively intentioned person being down their road to success then reach the first turn, or more often the first obstacle and they fight and fumble their way through it. Then once on the other side they struggle to figure out what to do next. This causes them to loose time, depletes their energy stores and deflates their motivation, often to the point of not taking that next step. Putting your goals on paper will give you the clarity to know exactly what you are doing now and what you are doing next, then after that and so on until you reach your next milestone or the major goal.
- Goal setting worksheets will help you tackle the ugly beast known as procrastination. Breaking those large goals into smaller one, then those into even smaller one then those into steps and steps into tasks will enable you to build a realistic time frame for the accomplishment of each. One of the best ways to tame the beast of procrastination is by having clear time lines and deadlines of your goals, steps and tasks – they will provide the motivation that puts the beast of procrastination to sleep. All you have to do then is take action and hold yourself accountable to the deadlines you have set for yourself to reach the goal YOU deserve and desire.
Goal setting worksheets or just putting your goals on paper will enable you to bring out the dreams and desires you have bottled up inside of you. They can enhance your self confidence in your ability to reach your goal, keep you motivated and focused while trying to reach your goal, and finally will let you know when your falling a stray and help you get yourself back on track. Take your dreams and turn them into goals by planning them out. Dreams are good, dreams are great even. But dreams are not goals until you create your success atlas and begin taking the steps necessary to turn your heartfelt dreams into the life you dream, desire and deserve.
If you would like a few more great tips on goal realization and even get the personally designed goals setting works sheets that I mentioned in this post, CLICK HERE and I will happily send the Goal Realization Made Easy eBook to you right now. CLICK HERE now and get your copy today so you can start realizing all your goals as quickly as possible.
Think Successfully & Take Action