Archive for Management
Why You Need to Learn to say NO too!
Saying YES all the time, might seem like a good idea but are you doing it for all the wrong reasons? In this episode of Your Success At Last T.I.P.S. (To Improve Performance Series) I want to share with you five reasons why you might be saying Yes as well as the reasons why you should be saying NO to balance your life and reaching your Success At Last.
Click on the play button above to listen to the Podcast NOW!
Tips/Techniques & Skills for Conflict Resolution to Improve Your Relationships – hit the play button ABOVE
In this episode of Your Success At Last TIPS (To Improve Performance Series) we are going to discuss 3 Tips and Skills and 3 Techniques the help you improve your personal and professional relationships via healthy conflict resolution. These are tips to help you mend the relationships that matter to you most – whether they are loved based relationships or business based ones.
Check out our Goals Setting forms and the 13 questions you are not asking about your Goals
In my experience I have found that most management level employees came into their management role right out of college. While this is a great boost to their ego, and their incomes, the honest ones find that they are ill prepared for their new role. Why? Most schools of choice did not give them the basic personal development skills that are required for good management practices.
These fine institutions of higher learning give great information on management theory and its practice but many are lacking in its practical even real world application. Because of this many quality companies are paying to put their management level employees in personal development courses.
Why? Well here are a few ways that personal development training enhances management skills.
- Personal Development almost always starts with a self assessment. Management to not only learns how to assess others but more importantly they learn about their own strengths and weaknesses – a strong and important step in becoming and effective manager.
- Personal Development teaches how to set goals. Not just setting a single goal to meet some objective but to set a chain of goals that lead to some major definite purpose. This goal setting training helps in not only their personal development but of course in business planning and creating goals within their team to support the business’ and departments major definite purpose.
- Personal development training also focuses on time management as well as goal setting. Without either one of these skill their deadlines will not be met (personally or professionally). One piece of time management that certainly serves management level employees is delegation. A manager cannot do it all themselves, they need to learn to delegate relevant task to the person best suited for the task.
- Personal development stresses the “Learn, Do, Teach” mentality. Learn how to be better at a life or business impacting skill then go do it. Once you are doing it, you can further engrain that new skill into who you are by teaching it to someone else. Management get better learning and doing then grows themselves and their team simultaneously by teaching it.
- This leads to the next place personal development enhances management skills. Communication and social skills are enhances via personal development. Management learns to communicate better, to assist and deal with problems and disputes. The communication method for problem resolution is different from the method for teaching in the “Learn, Do, Teach” situation but both methods are enhanced via personal development.
As you can see I have only scratched the surface here on how personal development training assists management. The list could continue on to leadership skills, motivational techniques, customer management skills and many more. All of which can be improved through personal development training. How many more can you think of? How many have you as a leader in your home, business or organization learned? How many do you need to learn more about? Well then get started NOW! “Learn, Do, and Teach!”
Think Successfully & Take Action!
One of Today’s TOP Motivated Coaches & Author of Success Atlas Programs